Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"THANK YOU" CARDS

I love seeing my name handwritten on an envelope. It's always the best mail. It means no one's going to ask me for money, tell me that I owe them money, or ask me to renew a subscription to a magazine I typically only read half of.

Recently, I received a Thank You note for attending a friend's party. It was short, sweet and sincere. It meant so much to me though that someone took the time out of their day to send one. Seriously, I felt like Countess LuAnn De Lesseps. It meant so much to me in fact, that I began to consider buying "You're Welcome" cards, but remembered they don't make them. Or do they?

These days, it's common to receive Thank You texts, emails and Facebook postings, and I do this myself, as you can never say Thank You too many times. (The exception to this, of course, is Janet Jackson, who has a tendency to overdue her "Thank You's" whenever she performs live.) 



There is something to be said though about the literal gravity of a Thank You card. It actually stays with the person ... until they put it in the recycling bin. But still.

I'm a big fan of the Thank You notes and cards by Snow & Graham. Made from recycled paper, these notes show the receiver that you care about the environment almost as much as you do about the reader. Chick Print also has some great Thank You cards. Check 'em out! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment