Thursday, April 14, 2011

IS THAT IT?

Perhaps due to a near-lifetime spent in retail hell, I get my feathers ruffled during just about any transaction that takes place in a store. Sales people can always be friendlier than they are - so why aren't they? Service and communication-style can make or break any business transaction. Pump some personality into it, folks!

Recently, I was placing a large work-related order w/ a contemporary furniture company. After rattling off a list of needs (including several desks), order numbers, color specifications and delivery requirements and coming up to a hefty total of money - the Sales Person on the other end of the phone asked "Is that it?" 



I had just spent oodles of money. I wanted to ask "Isn't that enough?"

But I didn't, because I'm nice like that. But if you are in the retail world - perhaps asking "Would you like anything else with that?" or "May I help you with any other items before I review your order?" would be a tad nicer. Yes, that's it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment