Thursday, April 14, 2011

SWIFFER DUSTERS





I recently read that most tabby cats, like my beloved cat Shorty, have 130,000 hairs per square inch of ... cat. That's a lot of hair. I'm envious. If you ever saw an aerial shot of my head, and you never will, you'd understand why I'd be envious of my cat's hair count. My partner and I adopted Shorty last year. The adoption process lasted a week. Background checks, landlord referrals, in-home inspection - the works. All was worth it though, as this grumpy eight-year-old cat has added some serious laughs to our lives. I even went so far as to make him his own facebook page: Shorty Henshel-Masefield. It was a cold winter day and I was bored to tears (you had to be there), so poof, made my cat facebook page and he now has almost as many friends as I do. 


He's a character. A seriously hairy character, which is why I love the Swiffer Duster. It works. Period. I run this sucker all over my apartment, even across the screen of our flatscreen hdtv screen. It just glides, for real, and picks up everything in its path. Totally worth it, and if Shorty could speak he'd confirm that, but first I'd like to think he'd thank us for adopting him. And then apologize for shedding all over the place.

1 comment:

  1. Knowing shorty he would NOT apologize. Does it leave a film on your tv? Do you get a percentage of their sales? I've seen an aerial view of your head. Maybe in a dream.

    ReplyDelete