Wednesday, May 11, 2011

THE BEST CAT FOOD

Shopping for your cat can be a guilt-ridden experience. There are things your cat wants (toys), things your cat needs (litter) and things you want to somehow diminish the fact that you have a cat in the first place (lint rollers).

I'm often confused by the manufacturers of some "scented" cat products though. For instance, we buy our cat, Shorty, hypo-allergenic "Cat Wipes." The wipes come in two scents: Natural and Baby Fresh. Both of these choices are nonsensical. "Natural" would just make the cat smell like a natural cat, which is part of the reason you're buying Cat Wipes. "Baby Fresh" is just plain disturbing. A lot of people have pets because they don't have/want kids, so why on earth would you want your cat to smell like a baby? Blech. Seriously, if I ever walked into your home and mentioned that I smelled "a baby" without seeing an actual baby anywhere in sight ... and you swore to me that you did't have a baby ... and yet I can smell a "baby" ... somewhere in your home ... I'd probably call the cops on you.

A much easier decision is that of cat food. Weruva brand is the best, paws down. A great company. Grain Free and made in the USA. Treat your cat! (Shorty would scratch my eyes out if I didn't mention his favorite kind of Weruva, Mack and Jack.)



Click for Weruva's Website

4 comments:

  1. So do you get mad when peoples homes smell like pine trees and the don't live in a forest? Pleeeassse! And I'd rather smell a fresh baby scent than stinky cat food. And yes, I am a DOG person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember what I said before. Something like if you smell pine freshness would you expect to see a forest in their house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. shorty makes me feel bad i had to buy shitty meow mix the other day cuz the store was out of iams :(. it's hard being a busy single mom of two with no legitimate pet store in the 'hood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ravon, Thanks for your feedback. You're comparison involving the forest made me lol, however I stand behind my critique. Masking the scent of a living creature (cat) with the scent of another living creature (baby) will forever seem odd to me. Imagine selecting a perfume/cologne, and the choices are "lillies," "lavender" and "koala bear." Random. I'm also not so sure babies smell better than cats. Cats clean themselves on a near-hourly basis. Babies not so much. Most babies I encounter smell like a mixture of milk, Bounce fabric softener and poo. Sorry, but I'm standing strong and scent-free on this one.

    ReplyDelete